Cushion makeover time

I've been stockpiling lovely vintage fabric for quite a long time now and am so pleased to finally get round to making something with it. I decided it was time to change our cushion covers - a relatively cheap and easy way to refresh our living space. The first challenge was to choose which fabrics to use....

I knew I wanted something happy and bright to cheer us up during these dark winter months, so this led my choice for this first lot of cushions. I used fat quarters for the fronts, but needed bigger pieces for the backs, as I decided to go for the envelope style. Turns out that I don't actually have that many bigger pieces - need to hunt down some more vintage sheets :)

Fronts on the left, backs on the right:

For the second lot, I had bought some gorgeous aqua, green and purple fabric (once an old bedspread I think) that I hoped would co-ordinate well with the aqua theme in my bedroom, and my aqua owl shelf. I was so pleased with how they turned out and how they look in situ - such beautiful colours! I used a vintage sheet for the back of the cushions.

The last lot of cushions were dominated by purple. I thought the bold print would work well with the blue and purple barkcloth lampshade in my sitting room :) I used the same vintage sheet for the cushion backs as before - one sheet goes a very long way! Not so sure about the purple M&S fabric one in the middle, though, am feeling like I need a bit more pink now! Might have to go and have another rummage in my stash....